Paris off the beaten path
This tour is for those who are more than familiar with Paris' iconic sites and legendary areas. You have obviously seen most major sites, have walked hours in areas such as Saint Germain, le Marais and Montmartre and you are wondering what more Paris has to offer? Let's show you different areas, where there are hardly other toursits, and you’ll experience a whole other Paris.
- East Paris: Come and enjoy Canal Saint Martin and its lively banks, its young and artsy areas, Buttes Chaumont's park and its rural neighborhood, Belleville and its overview and why not end this tour at Père Lachaise cemetery to finish with a nice walk in a very quiet but yet steep part of Paris?
- South Paris and its quiet old “villages” such as la Butte aux Cailles, huge street art murals, flowery places like la Cité florale, la Cité universitaire Internationale, Montsouris' park and its surroundings, Port Royal and its unaffordable real estate, Denfert Rochereau square with its lion and The catacombs...creepy but funny way to end this tour?
- each of these two areas needs about an hour
- you need three hours to see both areas in the same tour (they are not close to one another)
- East Paris can be combined with Le Marais
- South Paris can be combined with the Latin Quarter
- Ideal timeslot to avoid traffic clearly is Saturday morning and Sunday morning, the earlier the better
- on weekdays, it's best to do the tour in the 9.30am-3.30pm time frame